Here’s how you can be productive and entertained while being at home
As our government has ruled out an extension to lockdown up to 3rd May due to COVID19 aka Coronavirus, which means we are yet to resume our work in the office spaces in Delhi, we need to make sure that we make most of this time while maintaining social distancing and being self-quarantined at home. In this crisis, social distancing is undoubtedly the most responsible thing that we must do. So, while the world feels completely out of control out there, why not focus on what we have control over inside the small space where we live. It can be jarring, but it’s time to reframe and focus on rejuvenating our minds, it’s important to look on the bright side, whilst channelling our energy into some productive activities.
Here, we have put a rundown of things that you can do to keep yourself entertained as well as productive.
1. Read Books– People always say that books are your best friends, and this is the best time for us to spend time reading books. Parents can read good storybooks to their kids as they have got ample time to spend with them. Not to forget, they are the best antidote of the psychological toll of lonely and self-quarantined life. No need to be worried about where to get them; books are also available online which makes it easy to access a vast collection of books. Choose whichever you like to read and make the most of your time.
2. Meditate– It is constantly imperative to be aware of your environmental factors whilst in quarantine, and what’s better than meditation which will help you get a bit of peace of mind in times of uncertainty. Look for a quiet corner in your home, light some candles and clear your mind with some therapeutic music.
3. Enrol for some online courses– If you want to keep your mind diverted, there are plenty of online courses you could check out. Learning is a nonstop journey you can have a variety of subjects to feed your mind and who knows you may end up coming across a passion you never knew you had. Pick up on something informative that you have been craving to learn and haven’t had the time for. If it’s not now, when?
4. Try some new culinary skills– In this self-isolating time you must be missing your favourite dish in your favourite restaurant but why not try to cook something new that you always wanted to cook. This is the perfect time to broaden your culinary skills by trying new recipes. There are plenty of YouTube channels that will help you to improve those skills.
5. Family time– What’s more beautiful than coming together as a family? During our busy schedule, we don’t get that much time to spend with our family. Talk to your parents, your kids and enjoy some valuable time with them play board games, and discover you have a stunning time as you re-connect.
And last but not least, it must be difficult for you all to stay at your home for a prolonged period, but that’s even more of a reason to rise to the challenge. There are several things to do to remain productive, just never forget to wash your hands at regular intervals, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer and keep using anti-bacterial wipes for things that you touch or use often.
Hygiene is one of the key factors which we need to take seriously and it’s also important to take care of yourselves and your family. Stay Safe everyone and stay strong.